Migrating data from Firebird(*.fdb; *.gdb) to Oracle
This article will show you how to use a simple database migration wizard to quickly migrate data from Firebird to Oracle! Save you tons of complicated work and time!
1. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, choose "FireBird/InterBase" ;
- Input the username (default: SYSDBA) and password (default is "masterkey").
- Choose the database character-set.
- Click "..." to select the FireBird(*.fdb) or InterBase(*.gdb) file.
- If you want to using your Firebird server, you can specify the server address: <server name>[/server_port]:<db_file>. e.g: localhost/3050:c:\temp\test.fdb. If the server port is 3050, you can just ignore it. e.g: localhost:c:\temp\test.fdb;
2. In "Choose a Destination" dialog, choose "Oracle";
- Input the server name (default: localhost) and port (default: 1521).
- Input the username (default is "system") and its password.
- Select the logon method (SID, Service_Name or TNS).
- Input the source Oracle SID or Service_Name in "Database" box or let it empty if using TNS method.
- Input the schema name or let it empty (default is same as username, you can press "Refresh" button to list all schemas).
3. In "Select source Tables(s) & View(s)" dialog;
- Select the tables/views which will be migrated.
- Click "..." to set the table options or remap the table structure.
- You can set the data transfer method (Overwrite Table/Empty Data/Append Data/Skip Table) or filter the data before transferring.
- Choose "Field Mapping" option, you can redefine the fields in the destination table, e.g.: field name, data type, default value, comment and also.
4. In "Execution" Dialog;
- Click "Submit" to begin the migration, this toolkit will help you quickly migrate data from Firebird(*.fdb; *.gdb) to Oracle without intervention.
- Click "Browse Log" to visit the full migration log.
- Click "Save as job" to save the migration settings to a job file, so you can "Load Job" to quickly reload the migration job in the future or run the migration job via command-prompt. Run "esfdbcv --help" in command-prompt to get the full command parameters.
The program will complete the migration as quickly as possible and generate a migration report to you. All you have to do is sit and wait.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
Download Now! »