Migrating data from PostgreSQL to IBM DB2
- ESF Database Migration Toolkit
- Microsoft Windows XP or higher.
- PostgreSQL 7.x or higher.
- IBM DB2 9.x or higher.
1. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, choose "PostgreSQL";
- Input the server name (default: localhost) and port (default: 5432).
- Input the username (default is "postgres") and its password.
- Press "Refresh Database" button to list all databases, then choose an existing database.
- Press "Refresh" button to list all schemas, then choose an existing schema (default is "public").
2. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, choose "IBM DB2";
- Input the server name (default is "localhost") and port (default is "50000").
- Input the username (default is "db2admin") and its password.
- Input the source DB2 database name in "Database" box.
- Choose the DB2 schema name (Press "Refresh" button to list all schemas).
3. In "Select source Tables(s) & View(s)" dialog
- Select the tables/views which will be migrated.
- Click "..." to set the table options or remap the table structure.
- You can set the data transfer method (Overwrite Table/Empty Data/Append Data/Skip Table) or filter the data before transferring.
- Choose "Field Mapping" option, you can redefine the fields in the destination table, e.g.: field name, data type, default value, comment and also.
4. In "Execution" Dialog;
- Click "Submit" to begin the migration, this toolkit will help you quickly migrate data from PostgreSQL to IBM DB2 without intervention.
- Click "Browse Log" to visit the full migration log.
- Click "Save as job" to save the migration settings to a job file, so you can "Load Job" to quickly reload the migration job in the future or run the migration job via command-prompt. Run "esfdbcv --help" in command-prompt to get the full command parameters.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us. Thank you for your time!
Download Now! »